The foundation stone of the Cathedral Church of Redemption, Delhi was laid in 1927 by Lord Irwin. This Cathedral Church was designed by Henry Medd. On 15th Feb’1931, it was consecrated by the Bishop of Lahore. The church is built on a cross plan with the entry on the west and altar to the east. In 1935, the construction was completed.